I think that, initially, the idea of wearing a mask to prevent the spread and infection of the coronavirus was a safe one. However, as the number of deaths seems to rise up even after the quarantine period, I found myself questioning whether or not wearing masks would actually do the trick at all. Most of these masks are made of thin material so it’s not like one of those gas masks in some dystopian fiction I read, but wearing them for hours did make me feel pretty uneasy. I eventually got used to it after a few months.
Now, not everyone is okay about wearing masks everywhere they go, as long as they’re not at home. In many public places such as schools and malls, people are required to wear a mask. This has caused some people to protest against masks, which had similarly happened to vaccines when the vaccine was first introduced. I’ve seen the most ridiculous video recordings of people freaking out over someone else wearing a mask; shouting curse words and calling them “mask lovers” or whatever kind they perceive us as. I’ve also seen some online groups specifically made to protest against masks but I’m not sure if they’re still active.
As I’m still wondering whether or not masks truly protect us against the virus, I’ve been seeing news that some countries have lifted restrictions and made mask rules optional. England is one of them. Recently, I also saw the same restrictions being almost lifted in the United States, and I said “almost” because we haven’t done it just yet. I think this would give the country a bit more fresh air to breathe, obviously, but I think it could also be a good chance to test whether or not the masks actually work as intended.
Personally, for me, I think it’s good to have a change in mask mandates and test for a period of time where we live just as how we did before the whole pandemic started; not wearing masks. It gives us some freedom while also giving the anti-mask people some easiness on their shoulders as well while we’re at it.
Now, not everyone is okay about wearing masks everywhere they go, as long as they’re not at home. In many public places such as schools and malls, people are required to wear a mask. This has caused some people to protest against masks, which had similarly happened to vaccines when the vaccine was first introduced. I’ve seen the most ridiculous video recordings of people freaking out over someone else wearing a mask; shouting curse words and calling them “mask lovers” or whatever kind they perceive us as. I’ve also seen some online groups specifically made to protest against masks but I’m not sure if they’re still active.
As I’m still wondering whether or not masks truly protect us against the virus, I’ve been seeing news that some countries have lifted restrictions and made mask rules optional. England is one of them. Recently, I also saw the same restrictions being almost lifted in the United States, and I said “almost” because we haven’t done it just yet. I think this would give the country a bit more fresh air to breathe, obviously, but I think it could also be a good chance to test whether or not the masks actually work as intended.
Personally, for me, I think it’s good to have a change in mask mandates and test for a period of time where we live just as how we did before the whole pandemic started; not wearing masks. It gives us some freedom while also giving the anti-mask people some easiness on their shoulders as well while we’re at it.
That's all for now. See you next week.
Comments
Post a Comment