It's been a while. I used to write a lot on this blog, but recently, I've taken off on a long break. I think it's about time I get back into blogging.
I'll post more about my future plans in the next post. I promise.
For today's post, I present to you all - the most time-consuming project I've ever worked on: an English re-edit of the original Akira trailer.
After the release of the original 1988 anime film Akira, English distributors decided to make their own trailers, all of which are different from the Japanese theatrical trailer. The one thing they didn't do was to re-edit the Japanese trailer and create an English version - the original trailer still exists as a bonus on the Blu-ray: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtPhrCTjMtQ
So as a free gift to the Akira community, I've done a shot-by-shot recreation of the original trailer, using the newly remastered footage from the Blu-ray. Here's the list of edits I made:
- New remastered footage from the Blu-ray
- New English translated text sections
- New sound effects - (a few were ripped directly from the film)
- Voice lines replaced with new ones from the 2001 Pioneer English dub
- A fan mix of Kaneda's Theme to match the one that was featured in the original trailer
Feel free to repost my re-edited trailer, as long as you credit me as the original creator, or simply provide the link to this video :)
That's all for now, see you in the next one :)
Profiles:
- Twitter: @i_masque [LINK]
- Steam: Bal Masque [LINK]
- YouTube: Bal Masque [LINK]
Comments
Post a Comment