Introduction Spirited Away is my personal favorite film of all time, it is one of Hayao Miyazaki's great masterpieces that once sat on the top of the box office revenue for about 20 years ($395 million) and had gone on to win many awards including the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Film at the 75th Academy Awards in 2003. Little do people know that this fantasy film, which is now considered a classic of anime cinema, had gone through many phases of development during production. In May 2001, a few months before Spirited Away's release in Japan, Miyazaki was interviewed in which he mentions the earlier incarnations of the film. Here's the quote translated from the original Japanese to English by Ryoko Toyama, edited by Team Ghiblink, sourced from Nausicaa.Net : "There is a book for children, "Kirino Mukouno Fushigina Machi (A Mysterious Town Over the Mist)" (by Sachiko KASHIWABA, published by Kodansha). It was published in 1980, and I wondered if I c...
I Talk About Films / Art / Books / Games / Everything
Comments
Post a Comment